View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 08, 2013, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
Most of the time the reasons that there is discussions after the play has taken place , it is because it was not made "clear" at the pre-game.
I can't imagine a game time discussion on this matter being any more than a coach that just gave up runs whining. And do you really think that any coach is going to leave your plate meeting and pass on your communication directions to his outfielders.

Quote:
I guess that is your style however, what difference does it make when you go out?
Batter hits one to the fence, outfielder thinks that ball is OOP, I decide whether ball is in play or not, ASAP. I don't have to assume that the fielder is trying to pull a fast one. If he is, then I may not give the indication as quickly as I might otherwise.
Quote:
If I were a betting man, I would guess this would be possible 1 out of maybe 50-60 times. The ball is hit to the fence and the fielder raises his hands. The BU then reacts and heads for the outfield (lets say 200 ft away) and has to get close enough to make a good decision, then the OF has to reacte and get the ball to the infield. Hmmm, now that I have replayed it in my mind........

I will change those odds to 1 out of a 100. Not realistic.
Surely I am not the only 1.

Last edited by bluehair; Mon Apr 08, 2013 at 11:21am.