View Single Post
Old Sat May 24, 2003, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

Cool Softball on TV Yeah!

I agree with you on the umping. Here are a few things I have seen and just wondering about or have noted.

In the Texas game yesterday when UT scored their winning run it appeared to me that Cal's catcher set up and blocked home plate early which caused UT runner to slide wide of HP and then reach in to touch HP. I wondered if she had been tag if the PU would of ruled OBS on the play which I think she should have?? There is a picture of this play actually in the Dallas Morning News today.

There was a crucial strike 3 called against WU which was clearly outside BUT we all know that does happen sometimes

Besides that the only other thing I can think of is that it seems that have more women umpire this year working. Which is good to see and they seem to be doing a good job so far.

One other note is Cat's of UT moving her pivot on the pitcher's plate illegal or not. At times it looks like she is just sliding the foot and others times it appears she actually picks the pivot foot up and resets it on the plate

Have a good one. I will be watching what I can today

Don