View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 05, 2013, 01:29am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
That's what I was going for

I don't think the story will get worse at all. There won't even be a story anymore. The sports media achieved their goal and now that Ed has resigned it is no longer interesting for them.

Besides, I don't know how the story can "get worse" when there is nothing to the story to begin with. It was made up in the minds of sports writers based on the rumblings of a single disgruntled official.
Sounds like SEVERAL officials from this recent ESPN piece, which was published about four hours ago.
Pac-12 Conference ref boss Ed Rush resigns after technical foul bounty scandal - ESPN Los Angeles

Had Rush not resigned or been fired, there was a good chance a mutiny among Pac-12 officials would have occurred. ESPN spoke with a number of officials from the conference on Thursday who requested anonymity for fear of assignment reprisals or loss of wages. A number of them told ESPN they were worried Rush would hold any comments over them.
Officials confirmed that Rush went into the meeting before the UCLA-Arizona game and was banging a chair up and down, demanding the officials perform at a higher level. And then, according to the officials, Rush hurled a boxed lunch against the wall after the game, nearly hitting one of the officials in the head.

"It was absolutely a form of bullying," one official said.

Another official said the Pac-12 investigator talked to the 10 officials in the room, but not Scott.

"We are a tight-knit group of guys," one official said. "We can't change what happened. A lot of officials didn't want to be in this league if Ed Rush were retained. Some officials have options with other leagues, some don't."