View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 02, 2013, 02:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I wasn't in the room, but I suspect you're right, and I don't have a problem with it either. If the coach has been a dick, then I see no problem with a supervisor reminding the staff to take care of it.
I don't think there is any problem with a supervisor telling his staff they need to take care of a problem.

I think there is a problem when the message seems to be that they should be looking to run the guy, even if he isn't a problem in this particular game.

"54 tends to arm bar when the ball comes in - let's watch that and call it if it happens again" is very different from "Hey, lets ring up 54 next time we get any kind of chance at all, because I am pissed that you guys didn't call him for the arm bar before".

And what Rush said sounds a lot more like the latter than the former. And I don't think that is ok at all.

If Rush had a problem with Miller, it should be "Here are three examples in the last month where I think Miller should have been given a T. You guys are not taking care of this, and I expect that if something like this happens again, you WILL take care of it".

It should not be personal, ever. And "I will give you $5,000 if you run Miller!" sounds pretty damn personal.