View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

After the replay

I stand by my opinion that the PC foul call was correct. I also think Baylor's coach was very lucky not to get a T in that situation.

I have no idea what the officials were discussing when the they were talking about prior to the throw in. As one of the other posters said, it very well could be a kicked ball issue. That was my first thought when I watched it live.

As for the administering official whistling at the Baylor bench prior to the free throws. Several of the huddled players were below the FT line extended during the huddle, thus they were not in legal position when the whistle was blown. The other thing I just noticed was a possible mis-communication by the crew. It appears they are still in the process of administering the replacement of a disqualified player when Hammond fouled out, but the official is trying to get Baylor to the FT lane. I'm not sure if the L realized the player had fouled out.

The last call is the one that actually worries me as much as anything. The official definitely looks scared to make a call in that situation. It was a very late call and a massive double clutch before the call was made. At least he got the call correct.

Just what I saw of that portion of the game makes me seriously question the officiating of this game. Hearing comments about earlier in the game makes me think the officials never really had control of the game from the outset.