View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 07:45am
Official Forum Member

Three things

1. I can't figure out what the officials might have been talking about with 16 seconds left. Louisville has a throw in, Baylor knocks the ball out of bounds on the throw in attempt, and then the C comes down to talk to the L. They both then go talk to the T. The lead walks back and then the C goes back to talk to the T. The C then makes one more comment to the L. What do you think may have been the issue they were discussing?

2. With 9.1 seconds left, after the foul on the layup attempt, the referee is ready to administer the free throw and 4 Louisville players are lined up in their lane spaces and where is Baylor? The team without a timeout is huddling up with Coach Mulkey. I thought huddles in the lane aren't allowed - huddles with the coach? Permitting that huddle seemed to give a pretty big advantage to Baylor.

3. With the game tied (after the Louisville player hit the first FT), with just over two seconds left, why wouldn't Coach Walz have two rebounders on the lane. I get that they don't want to commit a foul and put Baylor on the line, but with the game tied, don't you *have* to have some players around just in case the ball comes off the rim strange/long and give your team a chance to score in regulation (because with most of the starting team fouled out, they were NOT likely to win in OT).