View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 03:05am
Official Forum Member

My seasonstart here in the Neth's has been postponed for the 3th week in a row. Yesterday it was still snowing!
So how coaches and pitcher will act this year is a big surprise to me.

For that glove with the brands name on it in the same color as the ball written along the index-finger, the rule is clear! It is legal, however I've been fooled several years ago as well.
At one point I thought we had two ball's in the game. Miss Sumeru, F1 for the Dutch national team, has that glove. She knows what she can and may do. Had her glove on the chest and the ball in the bare hand. I saw clearly two balls! However it was the gloves name in optic yellow.

I think, rereading the rules, that stretching ISF rule 3, sec. 4b will forbid the use of this glove...

Rule 3 Sec. 4. GLOVES & MITTS.
Any player may wear a glove, but only the catcher and first baseman may use mitts.
a. No top lacing, webbing, or other device between the thumb and body of the glove or mitt worn by a first baseman or catcher or a glove worn by any fielder, shall be more than 12.7cm (5 in) in length.
b. Gloves worn by any player may be any combination of colors, provided none of the colors (including the lacing) are the color of the ball.
c. Gloves with white, gray, or yellow optic circles on the outside, giving the appearance of a ball, are illegal for all players. (SEE APPENDIX 5 FOR DRAWING AND SPECIFICATIONS)

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?