View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 31, 2013, 11:27pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
I only watched a couple moments of this game. What I saw of the officiating did not impress me one bit. I fully admit, I am not the best ref in the world, and mostly work rec league and middle school games.

The first really bad missed call I saw was the charge on Louisville that lead to the T for the coach. The defender clearly slide under the shooter after she left the floor. That is a blocking foul, not a charge. Had that call been called correctly the T is never called, which could have had a major impact on the game.

My first reaction to the charge call on Baylor very late was it was a correct call. After seeing the replay, I'm not so sure, but I will give the benefit of the doubt to the official on the call of a charge. What I had a problem with was the lateness of the call.

It was the same lateness that happened on the last foul called against Baylor on Louisville last ditch effort. The official seemed scared to make a call and called the foul WAY late.

Also can someone please explain why Louisville's coach was given a T, but Baylor's coach, and the Baylor bench was not given a T after the late call they disagreed with?

Overall just what I saw was very poor officiating, and I only saw a small portion of the game.
Not commenting on the "officiating" in general. But I thought the PC on Louisville was a good call.
The PC on Baylor was not the right call.

You're correct on the technical fouls. I don't think this crew did a great job with sportsmanship (they missed a taunting T that would have avoided a later double T). I'd like to know what the Louisville coach said that got the call, and would bet they'll be downgraded more for not sticking the Baylor coach than for calling that flop/charge. She's right, they'll probably not move on; but she's got the reasoning wrong.