View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 31, 2013, 09:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone View Post
If you do you job by the book, then you should not blink an eye about what was said unless it causes you to lose games and/or financial damages. Then handle it professionally with a lawyer.
The coach did not do his job by the book if there is a state rule about not addressing officiating in the media.

There are rules in most professional sports about the same thing, and they do get fined for it. Most of the time coaches/players even know it, saying "I know I'll get fined for this, but that call was bad, blah blah blah." The next day, so-and-so comes out as being fined $10K. Sure, it's pocket change to most, but the rule is there, and the rule is enforced.

Letting this slide isn't good if you as me. Just like the guy who lets certain balks by until you come around, the next person to be talked about in the media faces an uphill battle when the words are even more harsh. They'll come back with, "no one said anything before so they must not care," and then it's open season when they can't control it.

At the very least, I would tell your assignor and/or your association if you don't want to report it yourself. Maybe they'll work up the stack and get the complaint lodged.