View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 31, 2013, 12:37am
Administrator

Response to Adam.

I had the luxury of watching the game in my living room on a 46in flat screen (and why we have such a big screen is a thread in and of itself, and I have intelligent and wonderful wife to thank for it), so the picture was really big, . And believe me watching Kansas on the big screen made the loss even worse, LOL.

I watched the play in real time and I though the C got it correct. Just two ships going bump in the night, I mean players bumping into each other. I really thought that when McGary went down I thought that they had bumped knees.

I believe, that when it takes almost five minutes of watching super slow motion close ups to determine if an infraction of the rules occurred, then this old adage should have been adhered followed: "If you cannot explain it, then do not call it."

That said, I do know what a punch to the reserve parking space (what Mark, Jr., and Andy use to call it when they were little) looks like. I had a pool play game in an AAU Boys' 13U NIT in Cocoa Beach, Florida in the late 1990's where A1 attempted what started out as an unguarded 3-point FG (by jump shot) (I was the covering official) when B1 came out to challenge him and instead of raising his right hand up to challenge the shot, he gave A1 a powerful right handed upper cut that landed in A1's reserved parking space. A1's FGA was successful, B1 was charged with a FPF, and A1 recovered to take and make his two free throws.

I just didn't see it in the Kansas-Michigan game.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio