View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
What would you have done if this was your game? It should be noted that the team that wore the gold jerseys wore the same uniforms as the home team in a game on the first night of the tournament and were NOT assessed a TF. Not sure how often it occurred during the season.
Well, apart from not telling the kids they had to stand at half court for the technical free throws...

I would have done what the administrator told me to do. However, if this wasn't being enforced during the entire season let alone the tournament it's a pretty lousy time to start. If the officials had been advised to enforce the rule prior to the tournament and the "home" team coach had been warned prior to the tournament then that's the way life goes.

We have that situation come up every season in NYC with some teams. There are a few that always violate NFHS 3-4-2a (visible manufacturer's logo on the jersey). I didn't have any of them until our citywide playoffs. I e-mailed my assignor and asked whether the league had changed its enforcement policy (i.e., leave it alone) and he said no, so I left it alone.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)