Thread: VA / Iowa
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 28, 2013, 07:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCubP View Post
Did anyone catch what the altercation was between some members of the opposing coaching staffs at the beginning of one of the media time outs? Were players involved?
I only caught a glimpse of the altercation and didn't bother to rewind it last night. However, I believe there were two players the assistant coaches were trying to separate at the beginning of the time-out. The Iowa assistant coach (video coordinator according to the announcers) said something to the UVA assistant coach as he turned to walk away and the UVA assistant grabbed his arm and said something in return. If I were a betting man, I would put money on Iowa #25 and UVA #23 being the players, since those two were involved in two plays just before the media time-out. For those who didn't see it, the UVA player blocked the Iowa player's shot and then stumbled into the fallen shooter after returning to the floor. The Iowa player, on the floor, took exception. Then Iowa #25 gave his defender a two-hand shove on the ensuing in-bounds play.