View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 24, 2013, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There is nothing in the rule that says he has to be set. Absolutely nothing in the rules supports your assertion here.

And as I have said before, this is why you cannot use a still picture to determine much of anything. I see a shooter with a foot still on the floor at the time of this picture.

Again, nothing in the rule about being set. Being set is not the requirement. All that is required is the defender be in LGP before an airborne shooter leaves the floor and they cannot take away their ability to land if they were not in position. It only requires the defender be vertical and have their feet in position before the shooter leaves the floor. I do not think the NCAA needs to review anything, I think you need to learn what the actual rule says and not use some standard that does not apply. I will say this again, it might have been a block as the video would be more helpful, but the standard you are using is not rules based at this time.

Peace
He's not stationary - and the rules do say that. You can clearly see that both his body and his left foot has moved while the offensive player is in the air. According to the rules - that is a blocking foul. Or then stationary doesn't really mean stationary. Game set match.

Last edited by NewYorker; Sun Mar 24, 2013 at 02:44pm.