View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 22, 2013, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Rich, I thought the same thing on the possible travel. It looked like the player travelled before he dribbled and then he may have been fouled but it was not called. I would like to see a replay on that. edit - I just watched the video APG provided and the travel we are talking about is not the one on the video. The one we are talking about occurs after the one on the video with 8 seconds left and by the time a foul happens there is 1 second.

Same game...
I have a college rules question. I believe the college rule on free throws is that players in the lane except the shooter may move after the shooter releases the ball on the last free throw and that players outside the lane and the shooter must wait until the ball hits the rim. Is this correct?

If this is correct, then did anyone else notice that at the end of the game, Cal was up 3 and fouling UNLV on purpose. The last 2 times UNLV was shooting on the players last free throw, one of the UNLV players from outside the 3 point line came charging down the lane on the release. Both times the free throw was made and neither time was this violation called.

Last edited by hoopguy; Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 11:34am.