View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 21, 2013, 07:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
My fault assuming you can shoot the distance of open jump shot without changing to faulty mechanics to gain power and sacrifice accuracy. This is the real issue. Because we can't shoot accurately with strength at range until years into players development for success, strategy and quality practice the number of reps (hours of practice/game situations) in finishing on the interior is just so much greater then long shots people get better at them. The same way I'm better at eating cereal then I am playing the piano. Could I be as good or better yes. Once I had the capability I would have to spend a ridiculous amount of time on playing piano though. Got my mastery of eating early

Still, no matter how much a player practices at any given distance, the laws of physics will still always say that the ability to make a shot will go down in relation to the distance....even if the player is sufficiently strong and maintains perfect form at any distance. The effective target gets smaller and smaller the farther away it gets and, as a result, gets more difficult to hit.