View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 14, 2000, 12:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Re: Depends on the state

Well, this depends on the state. I have heard officials going deep into the playoffs in some states and not working that long at all. But in Illinois, it might take you 15-20 years in order to be considered for State finals competition. They are changing some things, but it might not change that much. Now these rankings do not affect your possibility of getting varsity games at all. In my first year I did some fill in stuff for varsity games, and my second year I had varsity games almost entirely. But I have never been given an opportunity to get the playoffs (right now I am "Registered" and going for promotion to "Recongnized" this year). That might change after this year, but we will see.

Quote:
Originally posted by MREUROREF
what your looking at is atleast 4years of loyal service, before you can be certified. There is no fast track?!?

And since there isn't a level of distinction for the college level, if your assignor is confident in your ability, have you ever seen officials that didn't get the playoff games, but were put on some low vis' college matches?