View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 18, 2013, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Rolling eyes at me? Odd, considering I didn't say anything you seem to be implying and am actually arguing the reverse. (If you're rolling eyes at the coach ... no, I'm not going to my partner if asked by the OC.)

To clarify - I'm in the school that says on a close swing that may be strike three and happens to get away from the catcher, I'm asking my partner RIGHT THEN. This clears ALL of the situations up that have been discussed here. Not asking causes one team or the other to be disadvantaged - in some cases to the point that we then have to deal with the fact that the rules tell us to rectify a situation that is caused by an umpire's erroneous or changed call. If we ask for help, unprompted, right then, the players can play it out - and we NEVER have to fix a situation caused by a changed call.
No, I wasn't rolling my eyes at you. My question to you was serious, if a strike became advantageous would you let an offensive coach ask for a swing. I think I would but I've never had it happen. You say no to that above, if so what would you tell him. That only the defense can ask?
I was rolling my eyes at the coach who wanted me to call a strike on the first pitch of the at bat. Sorry it wasn't more clear.