View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 18, 2013, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngump View Post
So, if the runner achieves first and the OC asks you to ask your partner if it's a swing so she can stay you'd say no? Had a game a couple weeks ago where the girl got to first on a dropped strike two. OC tried to convince me that she'd swung at the first pitch in the series that I called a ball
Rolling eyes at me? Odd, considering I didn't say anything you seem to be implying and am actually arguing the reverse. (If you're rolling eyes at the coach ... no, I'm not going to my partner if asked by the OC.)

To clarify - I'm in the school that says on a close swing that may be strike three and happens to get away from the catcher, I'm asking my partner RIGHT THEN. This clears ALL of the situations up that have been discussed here. Not asking causes one team or the other to be disadvantaged - in some cases to the point that we then have to deal with the fact that the rules tell us to rectify a situation that is caused by an umpire's erroneous or changed call. If we ask for help, unprompted, right then, the players can play it out - and we NEVER have to fix a situation caused by a changed call.

West Houston Mike