View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 18, 2013, 06:46am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Land That Time Forgot ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I thought the these people rate you guys as well right?
No. 80% of our local rating comes from peer ratings, the other 20% includes things like refresher exams, meeting attendance, and availability, all controlled locally, by officials. Coaches are not involved at all with local ratings, local rankings, and thus, our local assignments.

The coaches do have total control over state tournament officials. State tournament assignments are based on coach's votes, period. The more votes you get, the deeper you advance into the state tournament.

Many school athletic directors, and school principals, would be for three person games, especially if there were some type of adjustment in the payment from a two person game to a three person game.

The coaches here in Connecticut have a very strong coaching organization, run by a small group of the most successful coaches. Most of these successful coaches play a very aggressive, very fast paced, defensive style of basketball and most believe, whether it's true, or not, that a change to three person games would have a negative impact on their success. The state interscholastic governing body takes the advice of the coaching organization very seriously, and thus we have very few three person games here in the Constitution State.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Mar 18, 2013 at 06:55am.