View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 08:03am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
We are from Illinois not Indiana.

Your above statement is not really true either. Since you referenced people on this site and I am one of them, I would not be assigned that level because I hardly ever do that level. I am lucky if I work 5 games with schools that small and if I do, it was because they were playing a bigger school in classification. And because we list the type of games we work throughout the year, I would not count a Seton game in most cases as a 1A-2A game. I believe we have to work at least 10 games at that level to be eligible for post season. I also have worked multiple Sectionals which also are the very same weekend of the this State Finals. If I am ever fortunate to work a State Final in basketball, at this time it would not be at the 1A-2A level.

As Johnny said, most officials in this area would not be available for similar reasons as I am not normally available. I used to work smaller school playoffs but stopped getting those games as it appear to be clear where I was best served in the state's eyes and location of where I live.

Peace
I worked in Illinois as an official with reciprocity for at least 5 years and I never once worked a 1A or 2A game.