View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 15, 2013, 12:33am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
Not that it matters but for the one or two people who said these guys were in over their heads, these guys were at the final 4 last year as well. It seems like the state didn't think so.

This crew was selected over some IHSAA officials on this forum.
We are from Illinois not Indiana.

Your above statement is not really true either. Since you referenced people on this site and I am one of them, I would not be assigned that level because I hardly ever do that level. I am lucky if I work 5 games with schools that small and if I do, it was because they were playing a bigger school in classification. And because we list the type of games we work throughout the year, I would not count a Seton game in most cases as a 1A-2A game. I believe we have to work at least 10 games at that level to be eligible for post season. I also have worked multiple Sectionals which also are the very same weekend of the this State Finals. If I am ever fortunate to work a State Final in basketball, at this time it would not be at the 1A-2A level.

As Johnny said, most officials in this area would not be available for similar reasons as I am not normally available. I used to work smaller school playoffs but stopped getting those games as it appear to be clear where I was best served in the state's eyes and location of where I live.

Peace