View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 02:25pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebraman View Post
I was watching the game. Here is what I think I saw:

Charlotte down 3. Richmond fouls the Charlotte player with about 4 seconds left to put Charlotte at the line (to avoid a 3-point shot which could have tied the game). After the first free throw goes through the hoop (dead ball period), a Richmond player (who was battling for rebounding position) shoves a Charlotte player. It was too obvious to ignore and the official correctly called a technical foul. Charlotte still down by 2 at this point.

After the two successful free throws for the T and the second free throw for the common foul (also successful), Charlotte was up by one and was given the ball at halfcourt (shouldn't it have been Richmond's ball after the four FT's because of POI?). Charlotte inbounded and was fouled immediately. The Charlotte player threw up a 3-pointer after he got bumped and the official ruled a 3-point shooting foul. At that point, the Richmond coach went through the roof and got two T's leading to an ejection.

Quite the ending. :-)
Dead ball contact technical -- 2 shots and possession at the division line, just like NFHS rules.