View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 14, 2013, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I get the appearance of perception and what it means to many. I have a hard time getting my hands around a concept that is not real is what it boils down to (plus perception is very arbitrary and subjective). It's just me personally but I always let the person's actions speak for themselves and I can see how some would take offense I personally don't.
And on a side note I would automatically assume a college official is (and should) be a better official that a HS one (practically speaking not always true but this should be the case). Much like how an NBA player would be better than a college player.
You contradict yourself, your assumption that guy in jacket is better ref is exactly what many have a problem with, subtlety conveying that you're a better official than your partners. There is a reason they call it a uniform.

On another note, there is 'that guy' around here who does a handful of D3 women's games before massive crowds in the 50's at obscure schools in the boonies. We have bets on the over/under every time he mentions "in my college games" in pregame, it usually is around 10. He also gives the perception he's 'filling in the gaps' in his schedule around his college games.