Thread: Signal 17
View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwestref View Post
So is this done in both 2 and 3 man? Is this the required signal for how the number of shots is to be communicated? Does this mean I cannot signal the number of shots with one hand at eye level?
Some people would say that the pictures should be followed exactly with the precise arm angle and down to the position of the fingers.

However, that picture is not saying that your arm angle should drop with each increase in the number of shots. It is simply suggesting that the signal is to be used for 1, 2, or 3 shots....with the arms extended with the correct number of fingers.

Personally, I indicate the number of FTs in basically the same manner I as do in reporting the a foul...with my hand out in front and to the side of me with the fingers pointing upwards.

Basically, EVERYONE in the crew, regardless of 2 or 3 man should be communicating the number of shots to be taken. Everyone MUST be on the same page here. Short of communicating it, you can't be sure of that and you're not going to be yelling it to each other or getting together after every foul.