View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 11, 2013, 02:44pm
Official Forum Member

Red face

On #2 I really can't see coming away with nothing. Someone did something illegal during that sequence and my first observation was the defender started the ball rolling once he started moving A2 up the lane. Putting a whistle on that can prevent headaches as the game moves on. Also, and this is because I watched the whole game, Blue #55 crossed the border from aggressive to rough a few times early on. He's one of those players where the antenna should be up...something to talk about in the pregame or during a time out. Kids who don't have scoring responsibilities always put me on alert.

#3 was of interest because the dribbler was displaced, there was no call...and then there's a missed backcourt violation as a result.

In the first block/charge the foul was called on the contact after the rebound not the initial drive. That's one where the C would probably want to get the crash if he had to do it again.

I know #6 was iffy. That's why I added the context. It was less than 0:15 of game time after Blue 55 picked up a T. Now the kid has two personals, he's not being taken out, he's already had one pretty aggressive sequence in the post and he's at it again. Granted, there was eventually a whistle on the possession against him but if my antenna are up I'm already thinking he and whoever he gets involved with in the post aren't getting a whole lot of rope.

On #7 positioning had a lot to do with it. It's possible the C could have gotten it with a glance at the next action area since the ball wasn't being pressured but that would've been rough and the L was blocked out. The T could've saved things but take a good look: he's not even on the screen until the shot is taken. That means he was near the division line - another 20 feet away - with only two kids in front of him. Getting that play would've helped the game because White went on to set a few more iffy screens. You get a kid for setting up like a football lineman early and the issue goes away.

I think #8 shows the importance of getting the first call. The little nonsense after the whistle eventually blows may not happen if the first act is called. Plus, it didn't appear as though what was eventually called was really a foul.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Mon Mar 11, 2013 at 04:40pm.