View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 10, 2013, 01:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post

My criticism of the Lead isn't that he called a shooting foul, but that he was willing to come out of his PCA to penalize that contact yet wasn't willing to come save the day on the much more obvious crash.
I think it is a matter if distance. At best, he was 50' from the sideline crash...at the far sideline.
Quote:
My guess as to why is that he ran all the way down to the endline prematurely during this action.
How do you come to that conclusion. He is only visible at that spot just as the shot goes up. There is nothing in the video that tells you how long he was there.

Quote:
That positioning put him far away from the sideline crash and made him reluctant to whistle. He should have been FTLE at the time of the crash and then hustled down to the normal close-down Lead position should the dribbler have gotten past the defenders cleanly.

One can only set up early and receive the play as Lead in 3-man.
There seemed to be a lot of players between anywhere he might have been and the crash. Perhaps he just didn't have a clear view.

The inconsistencies in what is expected of him on this play are just silly. Why is it that he should have reached 50+ feet with perhaps a questionable view to make one call but going 20 feet with a clear view is bad??? Seems more like a case of armchair QB than a realistic and fair analysis.