View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 20, 2013, 12:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock View Post
Our state interpreter specifically said pitching from the set with the pivot foot perpendicular to the rubber is illegal. It must be parallel.
Said I hasn't going to argue this anymore, but have you not seen a variation of this hybrid stance where F1's pivot foot is not point towards HP, and is 90+% is in contact with the rubber? I have...many times that is what I see.
And your state interpreter is probably making this interp in the context of this hybrid stance issue and takes away Lou "the toe" Groza's advantage, who could have his pivot foot pointing towards HP and be entirely in contact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_riprock View Post
unlike other codes, the pitcher cannot throw or feint to a base from the windup. The runner has an absolute right to know if the pitcher is in the windup or set, and it could have a big effect on a runner's lead (particularly R3).
Exactly...that's why I think Fed made this a POE...to prevent F1 from taking advantage of a set position look-a-like. The issue isn't the pivot location (nit picking), its the free foot location.

Last edited by bluehair; Wed Feb 20, 2013 at 01:35pm.