View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 19, 2013, 02:49am
Official Forum Member

I was in a game early this year in the town of Kenai, Alaska. Coach from out of town didn't like a call on an illegal screen by one of my partners. After the call, partner had a quick chance to explain the call and he did. A moment later, I was in front of the coach and he was still complaining about this call, and dropped the comment, "That's just a homer call." I said to the coach, "No Coach, that was a Kenai call. Homer is about 90 miles down the road. Which is a true statement. Homer, Alaska is another town about 90 miles south of Kenai. Coach just chuckled a little and sat down.

As far as what others have said about coach challenging the integrity of the crew, or any member of the crew, I agree that we have to work together and protect each other. Had one this weekend where there was a scramble for the ball right in front of the visitor's bench. Partner called it out on the visitors. As I went to administer the throw in in front of the V bench, coach say, "You really need to help your partner out on that one." I whack him. He then asks why I he got the T for "only" saying that. I said, "Well, which one of us are you saying screwed you on that call." After a brief pause, and silence from him, I said, "Neither answer would be acceptable." That was the third T of the game. Already had tagged the home coach and a home player.