View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 18, 2013, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekent View Post
player goes up for a shot and thinks he gets hit. No foul was called and he proceeded to go back on defense, spinning his way down the court as he ran, holding his arm up in the air slapping it to show he felt he was fouled.
Well, I stopped reading the OP after this point so you know where I stand on the subject.

I haven't done a rec game in a while but I know when I did I had way less tolerance for nonsense like this than I did for antics in H.S. or NCAAW games. Heck, I rang a H.S. coach up for the arm-slapping stuff (sans pirouettes) 5 minutes into a game this season so I know a rec league guy would have gotten one for it. The main question is: do you want to deal with this nonsense all night? If you don't, you ring up the troublemakers early - for legit reasons, of course - and your night becaomes pretty quiet. If your supervisor won't support your Ts then you should probably find another league. Why deal with the headache?

I'm part of a group in NYC that officiates all kinds of rec ball from little kids to adults. During our meetings guys/girls would always complain about the behavior of coaches & players. Our assignor would say the same thing: "I don't know why you all put up with half the s*** they do to you. You have the tools, use 'em." It didn't click when I was in my younger years but when it finally did the games because less stressful and I started getting better games. Believe me, you don't T the whole building because that doesn't work, either. You just take care of things when people are obviously and openly disrespectful.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Tue Feb 19, 2013 at 09:35am.