View Single Post
Old Fri May 16, 2003, 10:32am
Official Forum Member

Very good points Jerry.

Even now I feel as tho I am a seasoned official. I am full of confidence and appreciate a challenge. I do to this day welcome all criticism and objectivity to make me a better official. Being on this forum is an example of trying to understand the rules and interpret them. I also love working with a real rookie. The game is more interresting and you get a few good laughs along the way.

I do take pride in my appearance and take serious thought to the calls that are made on the field. As a personal indeavor, I critique myself after each game and bore my family with the usual, "how was that?" and "did you think it was the right call?"

I must say that I am by no means as good as I wish to be. I take it personal tho, that I am being held back so to speak, because of a few who wish to monopolize an already needing association.

The point about working a 3-man crew is already in the works and will happen even if I have to volunteer my time for the experience.

Damn I Love This Game!

I will be confronting these senior officials this week about this situation. Based on the views expressed here on this thread, it has given me the confidence that I am not the only one who feels the monopoly must stop.

Share the Wealth!

Thank You for your replies!