View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2013, 02:13pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
Manny, this one as a projected:
"Defensive coach comes to me between innings while he has #5 throwing her five warm-ups from the circle. He says, "Blue, I want to enter #10 who is over there in my bullpen as pitcher for #5 this inning. She'll start pitching when their #44 comes up."
Oh, I get it now. Where it says in NFHS 3-3-3, "Projected substitutions are not permitted," I'm supposed to interpret that as meaning, "DEFENSIVE projected substitutions are not permitted."

And where it says in ASA 4-6-A, "The manager or team representative of the team making the substitution shall notify the plate umpire at the time the substitute enters," it really means, "The manager or team representative of the team making the DEFENSIVE substitution shall notify the plate umpire at the time the DEFENSIVE substitute enters."

"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker