View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2013, 06:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
NFHS Basketball Rules Questionnaire

Are These Changes Made Last Year Satisfactory?
1. The official scorer is required to wear a black-and-white vertically striped garment.

Have You Seen In Your Area?
1. Leg compression sleeves/calf sleeves becoming a problem. If seeing more of them is a problem then no.
2. The consistent enforcement of the arm compression sleeve. It was a dumb rule in the first place.
3. Intentional fouls properly called throughout the contest. Like any rule.
4. Inconsistent compliance with the rule on headband/wristband colors. Dumb rule
5. Headbands wider than 2 inches becoming a problem. Not measuring and don't care.
6. More players being allowed to wear tights. Not looking that closely.
7. Officials spending more time addressing concerns voiced by coaches. No
8. Schools requesting permission for players to wear some type of headgear for protection because of a concussion. No
9. Improvement in the calls made on contact above the shoulders. Not seeing many of these plays.

About Rules For 2013-14 – Would You Favor?
1. Eliminating the jump ball to start the game and any overtime period. No
2. Determining initial possession of the ball with a coin toss during the pregame conference with captains and coaches. Hell no.
3. Legalizing the use of electronic devices in the bench area. Why not?
4. Strengthening the penalty for illegal elbow contact above the shoulders. I am OK with this
5. Reducing the closely guarded situation from 6 feet to 3 feet. No
6. Playing the game in two 18-minute halves. Yes
7. Playing the game in two 16-minute halves. Yes
8. Allowing a visible manufacturer's logo on the jersey. I would not care.
9. Changing "intentional foul" to "excessive foul" to better clarify. Go to Flagrant 1 and 2 language.
10. Allowing state adoptions for size of coaching box (i.e., none, 6 feet, 14 feet, 28 feet). Get rid of the box and just allow them the 28 feet.
11. Giving a team the option of free throws or possession of the ball out of bounds. No
12. Permitting players in marked spaces along the free-throw lane to break the plane when the try is released. Yes
13. Continuous motion. I have no idea what the hell this means.

About Mechanics For 2013-14 - Officials Only - Would You Favor?
1. Using the "stop the clock for a violation" signal prior to giving the "jump ball" signal. Heck no.
2. Eliminating the long switch on a foul in the backcourt. We already did.
Peace