View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 13, 2013, 10:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
With the NCAA telling its officials to use a stop-clock mechanic on OOB calls, there's no reason a JV HS official doesn't do that automatically.

I have no idea who this association gives the OOB call to above the FT line in the frontcourt. I'm still a fan of the L taking the line all the way down and working out there when the ball is near the line. The L didn't move -- I have no idea if he's expected to there..
Concerning the stop-clock mechanic, this year Oregon adopted the optional directional point without the open hand in the air first. Ironically, the same year NCAA emphasizes their officials to use more of the stop clock mechanic?!(Side note, I don't believe this game is played in Oregon)

OOB call-every year our association swaps officials with a neighboring association during preseason tournaments one weekend to strengthen numbers, work with other officials, teams, etc. The neighboring assoc. calls OOB lines in front court, T's primary much like you see on this video. I have considered the pro's and con's to this but am interested in what others think?