View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:40pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I'm not going to lambast the official if that what's he really thought he saw...it happens to everyone. Sometimes you see something that you honestly thought happen, and just didn't plain happen. I've seen D-I and NBA official call trips that didn't happen at all...and sell it to everyone in attendance....it's not different (strictly speaking signalling here). If he really thought he saw the defender slide in late, then I have no problem with trying to show that in his signaling (though he should tone it down a bit)...and I wouldn't call it arrogant.

Second part, I say it's a really close play in the mind of the trail. In his mind, he has a really close block/charge play...saw something subtle...and felt he had to sell it. Of course, it doesn't help, upon replay, that he got the play wrong. And his mechanics were off as well as far as who should have first crack at this play.

Finally, I'm still not going to flip on a call like this...internally or externally. I feel like this call isn't flip your sh** worthy. It would just be something I'd discuss with my partner after the game.
Exactly.

Until you can say you've never reached on a call in your life, there's no reason to get pissed on one single call like this. Although I can't imagine even putting a whistle on this unless it's a cadence whistle used only because the L had a complete brain fart.