View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 11, 2013, 10:15pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I doubt he was doing that to tell his partner he had a better angle or to be arrogant.
Did I say partner? I was meaning the crowd and the coaches. The thing is, there was no slide by the defender. The Trail demonstrating a slide was a fabrication. It's something that clearly did not happen, but the Trail used it to sell the call. That's what I think is "arrogant" -- to demonstrate something happening that clearly did not happen.

Quote:
I think, more than likely, he's just trying to sell a really close call.
The only person claiming that is a "really close call" is the Trail in this very video. I have a PC foul, you have a PC foul, others in this thread have an "easy PC" foul. What he is trying to sell, is a wrong call. Which in this case he needs to demonstrate a slide which did not happen.

Quote:
Should the trail have let the lead get first crack at this play? Definitely...is it worth losing your cool over? Hell no...especially if it isn't a regular thing. I do agree that the lead did a good job of holding off on his signal..
When I say I would be flipping my ish, I mean internally. I would of course back up my partner, but would hope that I would not have to point out his error, but would have someone more senior do that. In a close game, this call could have an impact on the outcome, which could have been avoided if the Trail trusted his P to make the correct call.