View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 08, 2013, 01:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
We dont have this problem in Chicago area. Each conference has an assignor, and one can work for as many or as few assignors as they want or can get games from. Also, we have 100s of HS in close area so there are plenty of different places to go. I work about 30 miles from my house. During my daily commute, I probably go within 15 minutes of 50 HS. That said, because I can have a school on the road at many different sites, I might have them in Christmas or Thanksgiving Tournaments, or the assignor might send me there more than once a season, it is possible for me to have the same school 3-4 times in a season.
You said best.

I might only have a team twice a season and that is if I have a team in a tournament or shootout. I will only see a two teams twice this year because of conference the assignors put me at the schools twice and that can happen when teams are good and the assignor wants to put certain officials on a certain level of game (rivalry or schools that have problems when playing each other). Rather rare that happens, but it does happen. That being said, even when the post season starts, I will likely see teams I have not seen all season at least at the regional level.

Peace