Thread: Pacers-Hawks
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 06, 2013, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanwestref View Post
So I can't use "offensive foul" to describe any foul by the offensive player/team? I can't use it in a general sense?

Random mechanics question not worthy of a new thread: in the NBA and some NCAA games I have noticed the new Trail (after a made FG) point to the middle of the court. Why do they do this? Are they signalling two (or three) points? Are they signalling the new direction?
Well sure you can...but if you do, the first thing I'm going to assume, in a thread asking for an NBA answer, is a foul committed by an offensive player, when there's team control and which is neither a punching/flagrant foul.

And at least in the NBA, you'll see that used as that's that official's particular mechanic for chopping time in...it's not needed unless the clock is stopped (say after a made shot inside of two minutes of the 4th quarter). Also, you'll see it used more in NCAA-M when after a close play and it's a kind of "play-on" signal.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.