View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 31, 2013, 02:19pm
Huck Finn

A coach complaining about the foul count is basically accusing the officials of cheating.
Officials that purposely keep the foul count even are basically cheating.

I'm not sure what it is, but I am getting increasingly tired of coaches and nonsense like this. We have to care about one team or another to even consider cheating and...we don't care that much. I also don't know of one official that is purposely kicking calls. How many of us have actually listened to blanking and moaning from a coach and changed a call? It happens so little that it is counterproductive. I understand emotions involved with basketball, but some of the coaches - in my area anyway - just take it too far. Most of the college coaches I have come in contact with this season are OK once you acknowledge their concern - and they are often working for their jobs. High school coaches on the other hand can take it to another level. If it is an extension of the classroom, some of them are horrible teachers. I have worked in areas where high school coaches make $100,000 (reportedly) and the only thing they do is coach. Where I live right now is not one of those areas!

Sorry, that is the end of my rant.