Thread: Triple Whistle
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 30, 2013, 12:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooperbballref View Post
I had a night off tonight so what do I do... only logical thing to do, go to the gym and watch basketball.

Anyways it was a 3 man crew and all three of them really had no concept for their zone. On one play A1 was posting up just above the right block. He made a quick move and made hard contact with his defender. As this happened I heard 3 whistles. Looking around I see the L comes out signaling a charge, the C (on the other side of the court) is showing block, and the T is showing a travel. Sure enough they get together and end up going with the C and call a block.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself and think of the past few days posts about calling things out of your zone.
Nothing wrong with the trail getting a travel in the post. And depending on the positioning of the players and the active match ups, the C could conceivably come in with a whistle though he should be late...and if he's not going to be late, he's got to hold his signal.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.