View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2013, 12:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
You could have volunteered to be the R.

Maybe there was time to look this up before the game.

Certainly there was time it look it up and / or write "your organization" for confirmation after the game.
Possibly. I could see calling a 'T' if the other team was already on the floor and there was taunting or some other unsportsmanlike conduct. I tried looking it up after I got home last night, but couldn't find anything in the 2012-13 rule book, case book or state officials' manual (Alabama prints its own manual, which is about 95% plagiarized from the NFHS manual with a few state-specific rules/mechanics sprinkled in). In reading some archived threads on this board, I see that this situation was a POE either last year or at some point in past years, but I see nothing in this year's rule book that prescribes a penalty for it.

And next time I'm with this guy, I'm just going to be the R, no questions asked. This is my first year in this area and with this association, and I'm quickly finding out which officials only get assigned to work middle school games. He's one of them, and it's pretty obvious why.