View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2013, 11:59am
Huck Finn

We handle this a little differently. You and your partner were on the court and that is a good thing. We used to have a problem with exchanging pleasantries with the crew that just finished in our dressing area which resulted in us not being on the court when the teams came out. Since you were both on the court, I would probably either 1) not do anything because the other team was not there and tell the coach afterwards or 2) physically stand in their way and tell them to take a different path.

Having them line up as normal and then call the T is puzzling to me. On a side note, I hate the ceremonial "white, blue" while pointing right before tossing the ball. The teams should have warmed up on the proper ends of the court and two or three officials should be looking to see if they are lined up correctly. The only way I'm going to yell colors ever again is if I will lose games for not doing it. Even then, it would depend on what games those are. But I digress.

It sounds like you made it out alive and with all of your faculties. It seems like you were aware of the BS going on, stated your case and got on with it. Sometimes, that is the best you can do.