View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2013, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

T for pregame warmups?

I know this varies based on the state/area, but I can't find anything in my state's guidelines about this.

Last night, MS boys. We've just finished the girls game (a thrilling, 16-10 barn-burner) and the boys' teams are about to come on the court for warmups. Locker rooms are opposite end of floor from where each team should be warming up. Visitors run out first, with half going under the basket and up one sideline, the other half down the other sideline.

My partner - who designated himself as the R for both games - leans over and says, with a big grin on his face, "Oh, I'm getting them for that. That's a technical foul." I responded that I didn't think so, since the home team wasn't out there yet and there couldn't have possibly been any sort of unsportsmanlike conduct aspect to it. He continued to insist on calling it. I continued to try to talk him out of it.

Well, he ends up calling it anyway. And then he also insists - despite my objections - to making both teams line up for the jump ball, pointing toward each goal ("blue this way, white this way"), and THEN signalling for the technical foul. We shot the FTs, gave A the ball, and away we went.

At that point, I was in straight-up GIGDGO mode. Anything I could have done differently?