View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 26, 2013, 10:06am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Are you sure you don't have their response backwards?

Re #2, if I have more than 1 in a season, that's a lot.
We had one of these last night with an official with lesser experience. As the ball was heading to the goal for a successful 3-pointer for A, the L whistled a foul on a B player underneath. I was the T, signaled the good goal and had to ask the L what he had as he stood there a bit confused with his fist in the air. He told me and then went to report and I went to become the lead and gave A the ball again.

The fouling-player's coach simply couldn't understand why A was getting the ball back again. Naturally, A promptly drained another 3. Next time down the floor, I was the C right in front of B's coach. He was still going on about a 6-point play. Finally, I told him that we did everything properly by rule. Foul on B, goal counts, A gets the ball back. That's the rule. (Besides, if it wasn't the rule, B would essentially get a free foul.)

Unfortunately, it was a terrible foul choice. That part I left out. It was one that maybe, maybe, you keep an eye on and if the basket is no good and if there's a disadvantage placed on the player on the rebound, you get it as a rebounding foul. C told me later there was nothing there.