View Single Post
Old Tue May 13, 2003, 09:06am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
Of the eight knee surgeries I have had, I have had 2 that are specific to yours. The recovery time varies depending on the amount of miniscus they dealt with. The last one I had the sutured (?) and "sucked out" loose stuff floating around. I was back inside of 2 months. The miniscal repair I had in college I was back in about 2 weeks, playing full throttle about 4 weeks.
It is ALLL about the rehab and ICE ICE ICE. If you keep the swelling down the healing process goes MUCH faster. After you do any type of physical activity, ice your knee when through. I went to an accupuncturist (sp) after my last 3 knee surgeries and the swelling went away a whole lot faster then before. That is not everyone's cup of tea, but it worked for me. If they are scrapping calcium off you knee, be prepared for a few more surgeries as you continue to run up and down the court. (Make sure your quads are strong, hamstring if you have an acl problem)
BTW, I will be having number 9 in late summer. I have a nice rice crispy sound and have to "pop" my knee in the morning. Very romantic, my wife LOVEs it!