View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 22, 2013, 10:07am
Official Forum Member

jTheUmp hit on all the salient points but one that I'll make: contact with your assigner should come immediately, as in, while you're in the car on the way home or even before the car pulls out of the parking lot. It's not a criticism, believe me, since you went through a very tough experience. But the faster you contact the assigner, the faster he/she can get the wheels moving to take care of things.

One suggestion - and it's something we should all do: identify game management when you walk in. The only time I was ever followed out of a game was about 14 years ago. It was a dad and one of his choice comments included "when I think of s***, I think of you" and he was doing it quietly while walking behind me. Since it was a tournament in a mid-size facility I had to walk past game management to leave the building. While walking to the exit I said to the dad, loud and proud for anyone to hear, "WELL SIR, I'M SORRY YOU FEEL THAT WAY AND I'M SORRY YOUR DAUGHTER'S TEAM LOST BUT SOMETIMES THAT'S THE WAY A GAME GOES!" Game management was on him within ten seconds.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)