View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 22, 2013, 01:22am
C'mon man!!

First time to start the game with a technical

So my partner and I show up to a Men's freshman game to find the visiting team, in uniform there warming up. Home team players are also there warming up but in jeans and T shirts. Come to find out the coach was late and had all of the uniforms locked up and no one else had a key. Visiting team was a little miffed (rightfully so) as they had to get some of their players to an upper level game after this game finished. After talking with my partner we decided to charge the home team with a team technical for not providing a roster and starters to the scorekeeper prior to the 10 minute mark citing 10-1-1. We started the game with the FTs and V had the ball out of bounds with H having the possession arrow.

My question is if we should have also charged a second technical for 10-1-5

A team shall not:

Allow the game to develop into an actionless contest, this includes the following and similar acts:

a. When the clock is not running consuming a full minute through not being ready when it is time to start either half.

The game definitely started late. I figured using just article 1 would be enough to appease the visiting team and using article 5 was probably not in the spirit of the rule as the team couldn't be ready because of the coach. I wasn't going to not do anything because let's face it, this is HS ball and coaches and players should be on time and ready to go at tip off (or in this case for the tech FTs.) Anyone want to add their 2 cents on my handling of this situation? Thanks.