View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 16, 2013, 11:54pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
Last night I finally picked up some 6th grade city league games that a fellow official had been asking me to do for the past two seasons. I did this against my better judgement because Wreck ball is less controlled and I don't want to develop bad habits or get lazy by having a partner that has no training and doesn't do HS ball. Anyway, to the point. Game had been going rather smoothly until 3.5 minutes left in the 8 point game. Coach doesn't like a call that I have (don't really remember what it was) right in front of his bench. He pokes me in the chest with his finger and says "why are you calling that?" Whack!! Easy T for touching me in that manner. Somehow he had gotten the ball in those 3-5 seconds. I go to report and he gives the ball a toss to the opposite end of the court where there are no players. Whack!! T#2 from me.

The coach refused to leave after a couple of minutes and just sat in the stands.

I called the game at this point. Anyway, my question is was I too quick to issue the second technical? The first was easy. There really isn't any AD or game management at the facility so I would also appreciate your thoughts on calling the game.
You let people poke you in the chest?

"Whack! Get out!"

I haven't been touched in such a manner in 26 years. You shouldn't be, ever.