View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 16, 2013, 08:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
NFHS: 10-3-4a

The moment he used the rim to swing to the other side for the rebound while hanging on the rim with the other hand, he lost he privilege of grasping the rim for safety and stepped into the area of gaining an advantage by contact with the rim. If he had instead let go and fell to the floor, he wouldn't have been in position for the rebound....white #2 would have got it. Personally, I think that BI would be the just ruling (but it isn't actually BI).
I don't see him as using the rim to swing. I see an attempted dunk, a released rim and a rebound. Given that he attempted a dunk, I would need to see some secondary action that was not part of the momentum of the dunk before I would feel that he had illegally contacted the rim and I just don't see that here.

In other words, I do think he let go and fell to the floor. You seem to think that he should have fell straight down but his momentum was towards the basket so unless he used the rim to check his momentum he's going to fall to the other side of the basket, like we see in the video.

It's nothing for me.