View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 15, 2013, 11:55am
Chain of Fools

So far, so good.

I signed up for the Exchange package, which only allows the exchange of video, no bells & whistles. The first set of videos I got was from when I went by one of our local HS and spoke to an assistant whose father is one of our umpires. He sat at his laptop and sent me 4 or 5 games quickly. He also went over the spread sheet and features the higher levels have.

I can see where the features might have some additional utility for us but a quick cost/benefit analysis by me indicated we're ok with what I'm trying out for now.

The next three videos were from games I worked where the DVD was never returned or I don't even bother trying anymore. I sent e-mails to them advising we were trying the program out and asked for their help. The head coach of the school I've given up on responded the next morning with his clip.
That indicated to me I've been dealing with the wrong staff members in the past.

The last two I utilized the actual exchange feature where I loaded a 30 second clip of the "official's dance" and submitted to two schools I worked late in the season that we had no video on. An assistant coach from the Regional final I worked responded last night!

I'm quite happy with the results so far- once the file is unzipped it is in an mp4 format so it transfers easily to my iPad via iTunes so I can use my Replay Booth app (lot cheaper) to cut and telestrate.

A group of us meets on Thursday to begin review and I hope I can get their support to steer our supervisor to purchase it or reimburse me.