Thread: SC vs Mich
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 13, 2013, 04:59pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
There certain practices at the higher levels we can apply at the lower levels and this seems like a good one. The end of my point was not only is your crew's practice different than the higher levels but different than those who work at the same level (HS). I only asked you to acknowledge that. For some reason you don't want to do it.

You aren't wrong for measuring as often as you do. We will still respect you if you say, "what we do is different than almost everyone else but it works for us so we'll keep doing it."
You keep acting like that this is solely my decision or choice. And you act like it matters to me or the others what college officials do. I am a college official and I do not make HS decisions based on everything we do in college. A lot of things in college do not apply as you have different number of officials and a different path. When I am on my college crew I go along with what they do and I also control little or nothing as to when or if we measure on the college crew either. Also your assertion clearly is not true when a D1 officials made a big deal when he worked with a crew on an "off weekend" and the crew chief said in the pre game, "We are not going to measure today." So obviously everything people claim is done at college levels are clearly not always done. And it seems like everyone is focused on the fact I said 4-5 like that is automatic. I said it was not unusual to have that many but just like any thing else we could have games where 1 measurement is the total. We measure when it is close and we do not guess unlike others. If that makes us a bad crew so be it, I just know it has not hurt us in any way and life goes on.

Peace